The Booth that Gives Back!
For the sake of humanity, let me bullet point the B|P booth methodology.
- Find a local salvation army thrift store.
- Buy a van-full of the (best/tackiest) furniture you can get your hands on.
- (Optional) buy a slew of records from the 1970s (to play on the turntable you brought).
- Create your virtual living room.
- Donate all of your bounty back to salvation army at the end of the conference (except that amazing red clock – that’s a keeper).
After walking the CHI2007 circuit that called for heavy duty shmoozin & recruitin, it took visitors a second to figure out what to make of the remote usability living room. We co-hosted with our pal Steve August from Revelation.
Since we love talking to users in their most natural, laid back state, we thought it only fitting to provide a retro lounge for our CHI friends, where they could take a break from thinking too hard. People got into it — takin a load off in a recliner, listenin to pat benatar on vinyl, and smokin candy cigarettes.